1. Why should I use GuanoBoost?
GuanoBoost is an organic fertiliser, and here is why you should use it.
- It improves your soil structure.
- Helps with water retention
- Releases the nutrients that are in the soil
- Improves the microbial activity (all the earthworms and fungus you need in the soil will be there).
- Lastly, be a giver, not a taker. When using GuanoBoost, you are sure that you are not taking from the soil but adding to it.
2. Why is my lawn turning brown?
Firstly, you need to understand why your lawn turns brown or gets brown spots/patches.
Here are some of the common reasons why your lawn is turning brown or having brown spots/patches:
• Thatch- is the accumulation of dead and decomposing organic material nestled between grass blades and the root system. A little thatch can be a good thing, but a layer over 1,2cm thick can choke the grass by preventing the flow of air, water and nutrients, making your lawn more susceptible to pests and diseases.
• Over-fertilisation- Excessive nitrogen can cause unfortunate brown spots. Do not overfeed your lawn by fertilising more often than is recommended, and do not fertilise on hot days.
• Poor soil quality- Poor soil quality can lead to brown, bare patches. Try pushing a long head screwdriver 8cm deep into your soil. If you meet too much resistance, try aerating and covering the area with top dressing to add beneficial organic matter.
• Dog urine- Urine from animals like dogs can create brown spots on your lawn since it's high in nitrogen. These brown spots have brown centres surrounded by dark rings.
• Under-watering and overwatering- Excessive moisture can lead to brown patches, so be sure to water your lawn early in the morning before 9 am or between 4 pm and 6 pm to ensure that the grass dries out fully before nightfall. If you allow your lawn to remain wet all night, it will become more susceptible to diseases and pests.
• Grubs- Grubs are plump, white beetle larvae that can cause severe damage by eating roots. Their feeding habits can lead to a uniform, sponge-like brown spots in your grass.
3. Will GuanoBoost remove brown patches/spots on my lawn?
GuanoBoost will remove brown patches and revive your lawn if the problem you have is a lack of nutrients.
4. Can I fertilise trees when they are bearing fruits?
Yes, you can fertilise your trees when they are bearing fruits.
5. What should I do if I over-apply GuanoBoost?
Fortunately, GuanoBoost does not contain toxins or harmful chemicals that harm or burn your lawn.
6. Why do I have to apply GuanoBoost once a month?
GuanoBoost contains plant nutrients in low concentrations. Many of these nutrients have to be converted into inorganic forms by soil bacteria and fungi before plants can use them, so they typically are more slowly released.
7. How long does it take to see results after applying GuanoBoost?
It takes 2-6 weeks to start seeing results after applying GuanoBoost.
8. What is a good time to apply GuanoBoost?
Early in the morning or late in the afternoon when temperatures are cooler.
9. Do I have to remove weeds before applying GuanoBoost?
Weeds can damage plants and lawns in your yard. To avoid damage to your precious plants and property, you must keep the area clear of weeds. They not only compete with the plants for nutrients, light, air, and water but also harbour diseases that could spread to the garden plants.
10. Can I use GuanoBoost on my vegetables?
GuanoBoost is complete garden nutrition, meaning it is the answer to all your gardening needs.
11. What are the NPK values?
GuanoBoost is an organic liquid fertiliser containing essential and non-essential nutrients, fulvic acid and organic carbon.
12. Is GuanoBoost sustainable over the long term, or should one take a break after using it for a specific time?
GuanoBoost should be used throughout to improve the soil's ecosystem, thus creating a continuous cycle that will produce healthy-looking plants, trees, and lawns.
13. How do I remove pests on my lawn?
You should be able to identify the common lawn pests, so you know how to kill them.
The most common pests found on your lawn are:
• Lawn carte-pillars
• Mole crickets
Fortunately, you can quickly and efficiently control and prevent this pest with the help of Kombat pest control solution.